Job Description: Northeast Landscape is one of the largest landscape companies in the Merrimack Valley. We provide year-round grounds maintenance for a wide variety of customers — from commercial and industrial to residential.
At Northeast Landscape we aspire to be the best player in the industry by providing impeccable service to our clients and running the best fleet of equipment. Northeast Landscape is seeking a Small Engine Mechanic to join our team. We understand the diverse talent of our employees is the driving force behind our success. That’s why we invest in your career with competitive compensation, extensive on-the-job training, and plenty of opportunities from entry level, to senior management positions!
As a Small Engine Mechanic, you will carry out preventive maintenance and repairs of small engine equipment, trailers and tools to ensure that they are in good working condition for our production crew. You will aide and report directly to the Shop Manager who also serves as the Fleet Mechanic.
Mechanic responsibilities include:
- Emergency repairs to keep production crews running.
• Performing safety inspections on equipment
• Managing schedule for preventive maintenance on all equipment
• Managing suppliers and vendors for cost on materials and services
• Cleaning work area, as necessary, to maintain a safe work environment
• Meeting all company, governmental, and equipment related safety requirements
As a Small Engine Mechanic, you will need to troubleshoot equipment problems, including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components. If you are safety-conscious with a strong working knowledge of individual equipment design and safety requirements, this is the position for you!
Small Engine/Fleet Mechanic requirements:
- 3+ years of experience with similar equipment(mowers, plows, edgers, trimmers, etc.)
• Ability to effectively and safely use mechanic’s tools and equipment
• Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
• Ability to prioritize work assignments
• Personal and professional integrity
• Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety
• Flexibility regarding work assignment and hours (when necessary)
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent compensation ($20 to $24 per hour BOE)
• Retirement Plan
• Health care benefits
• Paid holidays/vacation/sick days
• Company paid uniforms
Please forward resume with salary history
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour